Thursday, January 9, 2014

Galloping along

 
Round two of the Kate's Dress. Penny has been wanting a 'horse' dress as she's all kinds of horse obsessed at the moment. I had found this horse ribbon and some green fabrics I wanted to try mixing up.  Love how it came out in softer and lighter weight fabric (the previous ones were the ikea heavier weight fabric).  She's loving the dress with her new cowboy boots!  I also added pockets from this LBS tutorial.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Coloring book dresses

Managed to get the girls dresses done for Christmas. I used the Kate's Dress pattern by Lilybird Studio.  Pattern turned out pretty great; there are two yoke options, and I did one of each.  I had never done a lined bodice before, but the directions led me through it smoothly.  Not sure how much the girls love the buttons up the back, but so far so good.  I used an IKEA fabric, with the possible intention of these being 'coloring book' dresses...but I just can't quite handle the thought of them coloring this in with fabric markers! Twitch.

Have two more to come for my nieces, not sure if I'll get a pic of all 4 of them, though!