Patriotic Pinwheels

Loving the Stars & Stripes line from Reminisce. I made my first pinwheels from a couple of sheets of it. Super fun with the two sided paper. I put the rest of the pinwheels individually into frappucino jars. My newish butterfly punch was also sitting on my desk, so some patriotic butterflies got punched and glued around the ribbon.

I made these using 5" squares. Cut in from each corner approx. 3 inches, but don't go all the way to the center. I glued the points down then pierced a hole, I used wire through my buttons and attached in back with a bead. Some spin better than others...

LOVE that cropodile--one more thing it can punch cleanly through--tongue depressor sized popsicle sticks--no cracking, just a lovely little hole.


I used some clear buttons in the centers; I backed the buttons with patterned paper or some of the stickers from this line. Completely custom-made matching embellishments.




So, try your hand at some pinwheels, they're pretty addicting once you get going! I made some mini ones for my Memorial Day Layout, using my 1 1/2 inch square punch. Hoping to have that layout in Scraptales by middle of next week if you want to check them out in person.

Comments

Popular Posts