Friday, April 19, 2013

Lemon B-day dress



Luckily I got Jane's dress done well before her birthday at the end of February (unlike my usual last minute projects!)...as we had a horrible pipe leak in our house mid-month, and had to move out for what ended up being almost 2 months.

Great to be back home, and while we're still digging out and putting things back together, I'm hoping to get back into a number of sewing projects.

Regardless, the dress turned out great and she got lemon cupcakes to go along with it. I used part of a top from AestheticNest cause I loved the cap sleeves.  (I'm excited to make the top for summer!) I ended up having to re-do the dress a number of times to get the center border to come out well.  Circle skirt for the bottom with a ruffle that I almost regretted as it was lots of sewing and I was trying to hide seams. It's heavy and full and twirly cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment