Sugar & Spice

I was happy to test out Peek-A-Boo Pattern's new Sugar & Spice Top and Dress. It's a darling pattern.  I made the basic top.  I've had this batik fabric for a little while, and I was recently searching for a top pattern that would work with it...and I recently got a Kam snap setter.  Perfect fit for this pattern, the basic top has optional piping details that really set it off.  The back closes with snaps!  I'm really liking those as closures for the kids, much easier for them to do than buttons on their backs.  I've decided that installing piping and flipping it for the reveal is just about as much fun as pulling a bag/purse out from the reverse and finally seeing it come together!  The piping on this top is just so much fun.  I'm excited to do more of the options-a dress length and the flutter sleeves. It's a great pattern for an adventurous beginner.  You may need to go slow with the piping, but it's all very doable. A great pattern to have in your files!






Comments

Popular Posts