I've got sooo many novelty prints that I've kind of 'outgrown'. While I'm trying to trade or sell the usable chunks (anybody interested???), I took a ton of the scraps and cut them into strips. I made pretty big 8.5"x8.5" blocks, and I decided to use a very teeny creme strip to make the 'diamond' center stripe. Just helps tie it together a little bit. It's loud and not very clean and modern, but the girls are excited to have something new. I'm trying to decide if I should add two more block to the bottom and make it long and twin bed sized, or add three more blocks and make it a larger square. I'm leaning towards square at the moment, 'cause...I'm just not sure it's something I'm ever going to want as an actual bedspread! However, it might be a perfect play/picnic blanket. I'm even tempted to try the Prairie Point tutorial for the edges...although this might be too much effort for a scrappy quilt. We'll have to call it practice for a cooler one.
I'm a SAHM with two beautiful little girls, an awesome husband, two cats, and a house we're slowing making into our dream home.
I love to play with photos and save our memories, and I am fascinated with cutting pieces of fabric and creating something useful and beautiful. Handmade makes me happy.