Laura Dress Testing

I was honored to be able to test Lilybird Studio's new Laura Dress.  I made the size 10, I love the kind of vintage vibe that I achieved with this fabric and pattern.  The dress comes with 2 lengths (dress & tunic), and two collar styles (peterpan, like I did, and a rolled collar option.  The sleeves are super cute and puffed, and the technique for putting them in was great.  It fastens with snaps, which I think I'll be doing more of, as that was also pretty easy. It has a center pleat that makes for a very nice shape and movement to the dress.  Perfect for active little girls!

The pattern came together pretty quickly; it took me a couple of hours of piecemeal bits of time. I'm guessing future ones will be even quicker!  I'm excited to put together a smaller one for my 5 year old. If you'd like to check out more tester photos, please visit Lilybird's blog: http://lilybirdstudio.blogspot.com/2014/03/lauras-dress-sewing-pattern.html

Comments

Popular Posts